Visit the garden
Open all year round, although we are closed on Christmas Day, Ventnor Botanic Garden boasts an impressive collection of over 30,000 rare and sub-tropical plants and trees. Spread across 22 acres of gardens, our plantings are based on geographical regions from around the Globe.
Ventnor Botanic Garden is located in the unique microclimate of the Ventnor Undercliff which is on average 5 degrees warmer than Mainland UK – we really are ‘Britain’s hottest garden!’ In fact, we had 272 different plants in bloom on New Year’s Day 2020.
Botanists, amateur gardeners, and nature lovers alike love to visit Ventnor Botanic Garden. So whether you’re planning a day out for the family, seeking exotic inspiration for your lawn borders or you want to learn a little more about the world of botany; we’ve got it covered.
Click here to find out more about our daily admissions
Click here to find out more about becoming a member of Ventnor Botanic Garden.
- Dog-friendly? – Yes!
- Accessible W/C – End of the main car park, cafe and lower level.
- W/C’s – End of the main car park, cafe and lower level.
- Baby changing facilities – Yes, at the end of the main car park, cafe and lower level.
- Accessible routes – Yes, 80+% of our garden routes are wheelchair friendly.
- Vegan food – Yes, we are proud to serve a varied menu across both The Plantation Room Cafe and edulis Restaurant. Serving Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and meat options.
- Outdoor seating – Yes, we have two main seating areas for eating, one is a beautiful terrace out from the cafe on the upper level. The other is the Fountain Courtyard at the lower level of the Garden, out from edulis. There is also a number of benches and seating areas dotted around the Gardens.
- Accommodation – Yes, if you’re looking to stay locally; we have a number of holiday lets on site. Click here for more information and to book.